Winter 2016 CSG Meeting
The Winter 2016 CSG Workshops and Meeting were held
at Rice University
13-15 January 2016.
For registration information please see our logistics
Directions to the BRC: go out the hotel lobby doors, turn right and walk
about 600 feet to the BRC building. Signs will direct you from there.
Our room block at the Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center has been sold
out, although rooms still remain available at the hotel at standard rates.
Please see our list of alternate
hotels for alternative lodging.
The pre-meeting tour of the
Johnson Space Center scheduled for the afternoon of January 12
has been fully booked.
Agenda and Logistics
Traveling to Houston
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport Houston (IAH)
- Houston Hobby Airport (HOU)
The nearest airports are Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) on the north side, and Houston Hobby Airport (HOU) on the south side. Although Hobby is 10 minutes closer to Rice, it is only accessible via one major highway, I-45 South, also known as the Gulf Freeway, and it is the most congested freeway in Houston, so it takes longer to drive due to the heavy traffic at any time of day. Bush is only a little further, but is served by I-45 North (North Freeway), Highway 59, and the Hardy Toll Road and traffic is less dense due to the many alternatives.
Campus and Local Information
Cohen House/Faculty Club,
6100 Main St, Houston (713.348.4000)
Map of Cohen House.
- METRO (Rail pass and maps in welcome packet). The Faculty Club is a short 2-block walk from a METRO stop.
- Those who want to walk can head straight down the "hedges" cinder track/sidewalk or use one of the maps for a self-guided tour of the campus on their way to Cohen House/Faculty Club.
- The Hilton shuttle service (on your own).
Hotel Zaza Houston,
5701 Main St, Houston (713.526.1991)